Irrigation and Water Resources AdvisorCooperative Extension Tehama County
1754 Walnut Street
Red Bluff, CA 96080
M.S. Plant and Soil Science, Irrigation, Colorado State University. 1986
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Plant Commodities and Products
- Pasture - Irrigated
- Tomatoes - Processing
- Plants and Their Systems
- Plant Product Quality and Utility (Preharvest)
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Pollution Prevention and Mitigation
- Fulton, Allan; Buchner, Richard (2015) Drought Tip: Drought Strategies for California Prune Production. UC ANR 8000 Series Publications 6
- Fulton, Allan; Buchner, Richard (2015) Drought Tip: Drought Strategies for California Walnut Production. UC ANR 8000 Series Publications 6
- O'Geen, T.A.; Saal, M (2015). "Soil Suitability Index Indentifies Potential Areas for Groundwater Banking on Agricultural Lands." California Agriculture 69(2): 75-84.
- Ayars, J. E.; Fulton, A. (2015). "Subsurface Drip Irrigation in California - Here to Stay? Agricultural Water Management Journal." Agricultural Water Management Journal 157: 39-47.
- Sanden, Blake; Allan, Fulton (2014). Soil and Water Analysis and Amendment. Citrus Production Manual.L. Ferguson and E. Grafton-Cardwell. UC ANR.: 131-146.
- Fulton, A.; Grant, J.: Buchner (2014) Using the Pressure Chamber for Irrigation Management in Walnut, Almond and Prune. UC ANR 8000 Series Publications 27
- Forero, L.; Fulton, A. (2013) Low Cost Methods of Measuring Diverted Water.
- Force, Nitrogen Task (2013). Nitrogen Tracking and Reporting Task Force: Final Report.M. DuPraw. California Department of Food and Agriculture. 27. December.
- Davy, J; Becchetti, T. (2012). Establishing and Managing Irrigated Pasture for Horses. UC ANR. July.
- Fulton, A.E.; Sanden, B.L. (2012). Managing Salinity in Soils and Water. Prune Production Manual.R. Buchner. UC ANR.: 43-62.
- Fulton, A.; Sanden, B. (2012). Soil Evaluation and Physical Modification. Prune Production Manual.R. Buchner. UC ANR.: 63-74.
- Stewart, William; Fulton, Allan (2011). "A fiveyear study of Regulated Deficit Irrigation (RDI) in almond: Reducing consumption on low water holding soil." California Agriculture 65(2): 90-95.
- Schwankl, L.; Fulton, Allan (2010). "Using EM 38 and VERIS Technology to Assess Land Suitability for Orchard and Vineyard Development." Journal of Irrigation Science
- California Round Table on Water and Food Supply (2011). Agricultural Water Stewardship: Recommendations to Optimize Outcomes for Specialty Crop Growers and the Public in California. Ag Innovations Network. June 2011.
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Soil suitability index identifies potential areas for groundwater banking on agricultural lands
- Regulated deficit irrigation reduces water use of almonds without affecting yield
- Mitigation techniques reduce sediment in runoff from furrow-irrigated cropland
- Local diffusion networks act as pathways to sustainable agriculture in the Sacramento River Valley
- Cracks affect infiltration of furrow crop irrigation
- Late-season nitrogen may be efficient way to increase winter wheat protein
- Implementing CIMIS at the farm level: a grower's experience in walnuts
- Reducing drainwater: Furrow vs. subsurface drip irrigation
- Uniformity of low-energy precise-application (LEPA) irrigation machines
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Almond - Member
- Climate Change Adaptation - Member
- Precision Agriculture - Member
- Small Grain - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member
- Walnut - Member
- Water Quality - Member