Mission Statement: Empower the people of Shasta County to make positive food choices and to be more physically active.
1. Support Local Nutrition and Physical Activity education
Programs that strengthen Individual Knowledge and Skills.
2. Participate in community events promoting physical activity and
3. Educate parents, teachers, childcare providers, sport leaders,
coaches and other providers that influence others about positive
food choices and physical activity.
4. Support local community network development for nutrition and
5. Support local organizational changes regarding positive food
choices and physical activity in school systems, work places and
other organizational settings.
6. Influence policy and legislation by supporting community nutrition
and physical activity policy development efforts.