Current Fire Condition
Wildfires are challenging times. Please work with your local fire agency and follow all evacuation orders to help fire crews protect our community. Do not rely solely on emergency services, as damaged infrastructure can stop alert messages from getting to you.
There are several sources of information, so please ensure that you are using verified sources:
- Shelter Locations: CalFire Incident Information Page
- Mobile App Alerts: Install RedAlert, CodeRED, and NIXLE on your mobile device to have emergency evacuation notices sent directly to your phone.
- Evacuation Orders: Live Fire Page from local KRCR news station
- Social Media: CalFire SHU is providing real-time updates on the fire throughout the day
Given the unpredictability of this fire, all residents should prepare for evacuation. Use the checklist below to prioritize your evacuation based on time available. Some insurance providers include evacuation coverage as part of their policy. Save receipts for motels and other expenses to help with your recovery.
* Guide adapted from Nevada County, (2019) Fire Season Guide
Current Wildfire Condition
This map displays fire perimeter and MODIS hot spot data. Fire perimeter data is displayed as a contiguous shaded polygon and represents the active perimeter, but are generally only updated every 12 hours. MODIS thermal activity data shows “hot spots” where areas of high temperature are detected by satellite. MODIS data look like dots across a landscape, and vary in color depending on how recently they were detected.
Map Source: Cal Office of Emergency Services. For additional information, visit: Current Fire Information.